We have had some great points made on both sides of the “to play or not to play” issue. So, I would like to present what I did today for your opinions: is this safe or not safe?
I went to another community to play with friend and tennis pro Rick Barletta and …
- I drove in my car by myself,
- When faced with the keypad entry at their gate, I used a pencil to punch in the code,
- We stayed at least six feet apart the whole time,
- Each of us opened our own can of balls,
- We played cross-court doubles and used only our own balls to serve with,
- To get the balls onto the correct end of the court, we didn’t touch them, but bunted back with the racquet,
- Therefore, we did not touch each other’s balls 🙂
- We both wore a leather glove on our left/ball-tossing hand,
- I brought a bottled drink with me and only touched it with my non-gloved hand
- And, I wore 30+ sunscreen, wore a hat and a long-sleeved shirt,
- And then I drove home by myself – and washed my hands as soon as I walked in the door.
So, what do YOU think… was that safe or not safe?
Know someone who should read this? Send them a link and if you are not on my “new posting alert email list” and want to be (I promise, no other uses of your email address!), just drop me a note at GeorgeWachtel@gmail.com
My Book: if you’d like to get a copy of “Senior Tennis”, just click on the link on the upper right of this web page to go to Amazon.com, look at the list of places under “My Book” on the bar above, or ask me what clubs are carrying it!