• Playing For Pizza – by John Grisham (Pelican Brief, etc) this is a fun look at a washed up NFL quarterback who goes to Italy and plays in an amateur league.
• Bleachers – I just finished this newer release by John Grisham about a high school football team returning to town as their great, but domineering coach is dying.
• Calico Joe – Another Grisham sports novel, this one is about a baseball phenom who comes up to the big, bad, big leagues.
• Blockade Billy – Another baseball novella by Stephen King, tells the story of “Blockade Billy” Blakely, a fictional catcher played for the New Jersey Titans during the 1957 season.
• The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon – Another Stephen King baseball book, this one is about nine year old girl lost in the woods and listens to Red Sox baseball as she tries to survive.
Now, with all those, I have never found a good piece of fiction based around tennis. Is there one out there???
If you are not on my “new posting alert email list” and want to be (I promise, no other uses of your email address!), just drop me a note at George@seniortennisandfitness.com