• Although I do not like either Serena or Djoko personally, they are great tennis players. Maybe I should “forgive” both of them for their earlier behaviors; perhaps they are both better and more mature people now (or, have they just learned to hide their true selves better?).
• After his time delay warning, Djoko’s father looked like a Serbian thug ready to make the referee “an offer he couldn’t refuse.”
• Andy Murray’s victory reinforces the importance of the mental side of tennis … and his hiring of Ivan Lendl to help him get there was a smart choice. How much longer will that pairing last now that Murray has gotten to where he is?
• The Djoko-Murray rival may now be the key feature of men’s tennis for the next several years… with Roger and Rafa fading, and Del Potro knocking at the door.
• These were perhaps the best combined men’s and women’s Grand Slam finals I have ever seen. The quality of the play on both sides has gone to a whole new level, never seen before in tennis.
• While I almost always watch tennis on a delayed basis (to fast forward through commercials), many of my friends do watch it live… especially the three different ones who texted me DURING the match with comments about what was happening.
Now it is time for me to go out and play some of my own tennis!