The Club at Sterling Oaks was the third stop on the Florida Super Seniors Grand Prix 2012, and several local players had solid singles results:
• 55s: Warren Eber (Ft. Myers) d. Andy Bloom (Bonita Springs);
• 60s: Larry Turville (Naples) d. Jared Florian (Bradenton);
• 65s: Armistead Neely (Atlanta) d. Mike Dahm (Naples);
• 70s: Fred Drilling (Estero) (third championship in a row) d. Clive Kileff(TN);
• 75s: Gordon Hammes (Naples) d. James Curry (TX );
• 80s: Neil McDonald (Naples) d. George Boyce (RI);
• 85s: Fred Sarkis (Brandenton) d. Fintan Flanagan (Flanagan).
In doubles, locals among the winning teams were:
55s: Larry Turville (Naples) and John Gillette (Bonita Springs);
60s: Howie Ames (Bonita Beach) and Steve Shreiner (Ft. Myers);
70s: Fred Drilling (Estero) and Clive Kileff (TN);
75s: Dan Kennedy (Bonita Springs) and Omer Menard (MA);
80s: Neil McDonald (Naples) and Douglas Feaver (England)
This week, the tour moves north to University Park (the best run tournament on the tour!), near Sarasota for a Category II, with 325 entrants from around the country coming. Tom will not be going; and I will be teaming up with Paul Veltman in doubles for the first time.
For the full draw, please click HERE.