• US Open – Even though Roddick and Big John Isner were deep into the tournament, I was/and am hoping for Mr. Federer to pull on more rabbit out of his tennis hat. Please note: the women’s finals will be played Sunday at 4 p.m. and the men’s finals will be played Monday at 4 p.m.
• Great VT Match – Bob Wilkie and I traveled through flood-ravaged Vermont Thursday to play a great match vs. Chuck Kinyon (former Dartmouth tennis coach and now head pro at The Quechee Club) and Tom Diehl. They are teaming up to play a tournament in Massachusetts next week, and wanted some good practice… we split sets 7-6, 6-7 (we came back from 5-1, set point, but lost in the first; they came back from 5-2 in the second and lost) and called it a Tie.
• VT Tournament – If you are in the area, Chuck’s club is hosting a one-day open men’s and women’s doubles (A and B levels) on Saturday, October 1st. Contact Chuck Kinyon or Suzy Bottaro @The Quechee Club Tennis Pro Shop, 802-295-6069, or email: email@example.com
• Naples Tennis – By the way, both Chuck and Tom have bought places in Naples and will be down there this winter!
• 70’s National Grass courts – Are going on now in Philadelphia (due to the heavy rains, most matches have been played on indoor hard courts). After you finished reading this post, you can check out results for players you know by clicking HERE
• George’s Return to Naples – The Wachtel Family Traveling Circus will arrive in the sunny south September 25th … so let’s start planning some tennis down there!
• Newk’s Camp – If you haven’t yet, consider coming to this year’s Tennis Fantasy Camp at John Newcombe’s Ranch in Texas, October 16-21. For more information, click HERE
I hope to see you soon, somewhere on a tennis court!