I’m sorry, I am too tired to type. Here are just highlights from today….
My singles quarterfinals against #3 seed Gerald Fong, from Miami:
• The wind turned and was from the northwest today.
• In the first set, I broke and held on for a 6-3
• In the second set, I was up a break and serving for the match at 5-4; and he changed his tactics and chipped and charged on almost every service return and broke back for 5-5.
• I took a deep breath and went back to work.
• Broke him to go up 6-5
• Continued focused and served it out for a 6-3, 7-5 upset.
• Tomorrow: #1 seed Evert Jonsson in the semifinals at 11
• I took a hot shower, ate a Power Bar, and had a 10-minute in-chair back massage; and we were back on the court for first round doubles against Tony Cessna and Bob Royden.
• I did not play great; but we still had a close match.
• They won the first set in one break of serve.
• We were up a break on the second set; but gave it back and lost 3-6, 4-6
The Match of the Day:
• In the 70 singles, #5 seeded Bob Dilworth vs. #9 seeded Derek Horwood (a serve and volley grass court player from England).
• Serving and volleying on the clay, Horwood won the FIRST TEN GAMES
• But somehow, Dilworth righted himself and won the second set.
• The third went to 5-5, Bob Dilworth broke and held for the great comeback victory.
For other singles and doubles results, please click HERE. And i am going in the HOT TUB!