After two weeks of not holding a racquet, it is time to do something about my shoulder. For those who have any interest (that would include anyone who I have the pleasure of playing with), here are the key points:
- I have been taking Ibuprofen, resting, and icing for two weeks;
- Hit lightly on Tuesday for about 30 minutes;
- It felt â€œOKâ€ but with some discomfort and was a little sore the next morning;
- Tried to get into see a recommended orthopedist at Dartmouth Medical, but he was booked till the middle of September;
- So I called the recommended Dr. Havigâ€™s office down in Naples, who wouldnâ€™t do anything for me till I got back in a month;
- Next on the list was my regular Naples GP, who faxed me authorization to go to the local hospital and have an x-ray taken;
- The results were faxed back to him and show a possible bone spur; With the recommendation, â€œOther wise the x-ray was normal. You can use Tylenol for the pain. If the pain persist you may need to see orthopedic for further evaluation.â€
- I have booked an appointment with Dr. Havig the day after I arrive in Naples.
Hope to see yâ€™all on the court sometime soon.