I feel great about two thingsâ€¦
One is the great sense of â€œcommunityâ€ with all you other tennis nuts around the country. If you havenâ€™t seen the thoughtful and helpful replies below, please take a minute to review them. In addition, friends from Philadelphia and San Francisco called to share their shoulder symptoms and stories.
And second is the feeling that I now have a plan of attack. Here is what I will be doing to address my shoulder problem:
- Cut the Luxilon strings out of both racquets and replace with softer strings (being done right now),
- Use a business trip next week to take a week off from even holding a racquet,
- During that time, ice it and gently stretch every day,
- Switch from Ibuprofen to Aleve and take one every 12 hours for the week,
- If the pain is not gone by this time next week, go see a specialist.
Thanks for caring,