Well, I have a real pain in my shoulder and am trying to figure out what to do about it. It started about two months back and now has grown to be â€œa problem.â€
The pain is on the front, below where the front piece of the deltoid muscle attaches to the shoulder; and hurts when I hit a drive/topspin forehand. Serving seems to be OK and backhands are mostly OK; but the forehand hurts.
It is to the point now where I am taking four ibuprofen before playing, and it doesnâ€™t quite do the job anymore. It feels like tendonitis (what do I know?); so, I will be on a business trip next week and will take at least six days off; but am wondering:
- Should I ice it each day?
- Massage the place where it hurts?
- Do any stretching of it, or not?
- Change from the hard-feel of the Luxilon strings, which I have been using for almost a year and really like?
- When should I lift weights to bring back the strength, while there is pain or only after it is gone?
- Take ibuprfen during the layoff?Â What dose?
I really want to get this cleared up to get back on the court and in playing shape for the Newk Camp (Larry Starr, are you out there?). Any good advice is welcome.